Concrete Driveway Resurfacing, Refinishing & Repair
At SUNDEK of Washington, we have been resurfacing driveways in Washington DC and the National Capital Region for decades. Your driveway is the first thing people see when approaching your home or business. Why not make it beautiful?
Why resurface a concrete driveway?
People choose to resurface their concrete driveways for a variety of reasons. In some cases, there's minor damage such as cracking or spalling. In other cases, the driveway is just outdated and the homeowner or business owner is ready for an update. No matter your reason, we're here to help.
How does driveway resurfacing work?
As long as you have a viable concrete surface, we can apply a coating directly to the top of your existing driveway. We can then customize its look using colors, patterns, and textures of your choice.
Get a free quote
We have a variety of colors, textures, and patterns to choose from and we also do custom designs. We encourage our clients to collect pictures they like before meeting with us so we can get a feel for the style you're looking for.
One of the most popular SUNDEK products for concrete driveway overlays is our Classic Texture. Classic Texture is a surface finish that provides slip resistance, a range of color choices, ease of maintenance, and a fabulous look. It hides surface imperfections and lasts for years with minimal maintenance.
Some of our most popular finishes for driveways include:
Repair existing damage to your driveway
If your driveway is damaged, that doesn't mean it can't be resurfaced. If your surface is still viable (no large cracks or significant dips) we can repair the damage and resurface your driveway, giving you a brand-new look.
Installation process for a driveway coating
Here's what to expect when our crew comes to your home or business to resurface your driveway:
- Preparing. We'll fix cracks, and profile the existing concrete to ensure a good bond.
- Cleaning. Next we remove debris and stains using a pressure washer or special cleaning products.
- Applying. Our crew mixes and applies the concrete resurfacer using a sprayer, roller or trowel.
- Finishing. We'll use stamps and other tools to add pattern and texture to the surface of the concrete slab.
- Curing. We let the coating dry long enough to achieve full strength.
- Sealing. Finally, we'll protect your new driveway with a durable sealer to prevent stains and weather damage.
A professionally installed driveway overlay that's well maintained can last 15 years or more depending on use. In general, concrete has a much longer lifespan than an asphalt driveway.
Driveway refinishing is a responsible choice
Refinishing is one of the greenest options for people who want to redo a concrete surface. Since driveway coatings do not require the removal of the old concrete, there is very little waste and the concrete overlays are designed to outlast many other driveway surfaces. When installed correctly, overlays have very little impact on the surrounding areas and nature.
Why choose SUNDEK of Washington to work on your driveway?
- We have local knowledge. Since we’re familiar with this region, we know the nuances and pitfalls to keep an eye out for when doing driveway resurfacing. We will ensure that your driveway can withstand our brutal winters year after year.
- We do it all. We don’t just work on driveways. We can resurface other areas of your home, indoor or out. So if you want your walkway to coordinate with your driveway, we can do that. If you want the entry of your home to coordinate with your porch, we can do that too.
- We have lots of experience. Since we’ve been working with concrete coatings in the area for decades, you can count on us to provide quality service. We only use the best products, so your driveway will look fantastic for years to come.
- We place safety high on our priority list. You'll be parking and walking on your driveway, and your safety is important to us. We have the ability to make surfaces slip resistant—critical in this area of the country where we get lots of rain and snow.
How much does it cost to resurface a driveway?
The cost of concrete resurfacing depends on several different variables including the size of your driveway, its current condition, and the type of design you want. Contact us for a quote.
Maintaining your driveway overlay
Your decorative concrete surface won’t be maintenance free, but maintenance is surprisingly easy. Here are some things you need to do to keep your driveway looking great.
- Use a sealer to protect it from the varying hot and cold temperatures of our region, oil spills, and more. (Learn more about sealers here.)
- Remove dust and debris to prevent buildup by sweeping or using a leaf blower.
- Use a pressure washer or a high-pressure hose to get at hard-to-remove buildup.
- Use a soft-bristle brush and mild detergent to clean stains.
- Address cracks and other damage if they occur.
Contact us about your project
If you’d like to talk to us about your project, fill out the form on this page and we’ll contact you.
You can also contact us by phone at 866-631-8664
Or by email: [email protected]
We work in all the major cities in the area including:
- Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, and Reston, Virginia
- Bethesda, Frederick, and Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Washington D.C. and beyond